Church Community to Blossoming Suburb
Cottonwood is a small rural community that is a far southeastern suburb of Dallas, Texas and is located in Kaufman County. The community is located on County Road 4084 about 47 miles from downtown Dallas and 11 miles from the city of Kaufman.
It is believed the settlement was named after the abundance of cottonwood trees in the area and for nearby Cottonwood Creek. The beginning of the community can be traced back to the establishment of the Cottonwood Baptist Church in 1880. The first pastor and driving force in creating the church was Reverend A. M. K. Sowell. The church and surrounding area were enhanced in 1882 when a local settler, J. W. Swayze, donated land for a school, the creation of the Cottonwood Cemetery, and the use of the church. The first person to be buried at the cemetery was J. R. Swayze, the brother of J. W. Swayze.
A few years later another settler named C. L. Tippett donated additional land for the church and community acreage. At that time a log cabin served as the church and school. The small farming community continued to grow and in 1903 the residents came together to construct a new and larger church and a separate school building. Local maps of the area show that these structures remained in use through the 1930s as well as numerous farms.
Over the next 40 years, the area remained largely agricultural but the school was closed with local children now attending school in neighboring towns. Between 1970 and 1980 the community had about ninety residents. During this time the Cottonwood Cemetery and Cottonwood Baptist Church were recognized as historical places and received Texas Historical Markers.
In the mid-1980s the town was officially incorporated with a mayor with city council form of government. Although still a very small rural farming community, the town began to grow in the 1980s and by 1990 the population had risen to about 156 people. This slow and steady growth continued and by the year 2000, the town had approximately 180 residents.
Today, Cottonwood is a rural community that covers 1.56 square miles with over 200 residents. The town is currently experiencing slow but sustained growth which is expected to continue and accelerate with the rural farming community being transformed into a developed suburb community.
Get the Highest Cash Offer on Homes in Cottonwood, TX
WHAT THEY SAY…
What are our clients saying about us?
- Getting an offer was so simple, all we needed to do was answer 4 questions. They really are easy to talk to and answered all of our questions. We highly recommend OutFactors.Dolly
- I was skeptical at first, but you just answer 4 simple questions and you receive an offer that same day. We really liked that we would not have to deal with open houses or spend any money on repairs. It was exactly what we were looking for and we recommend OutFactors when you need to sell your home fast for a good price.Michelle
- We really needed to sell quickly and OutFactors answered our questions, agreed to our timeline and were so easy to work with. And it all happens so fast.Lailah
- We wanted to sell our home quickly and did not want to waste our time with scammers or people who would not perform. We searched the internet for legitimate cash home buyers and found OutFactors. We liked that they put everything in writing using standard contract forms. The whole process was very easy and fast.Robert
- We had a tragedy in the family and we really needed to sell our home as-is, and quickly. Everyone that helped us at OutFactors was very understanding and considerate. They make the whole process so easy and quick.Lily
- My expectations were low when I contacted OutFactors, not thinking it would be something I would actually consider. The process was amazingly simple; cash offer, quick close and great communication throughout the process.Gene
We Will Pay Cash for Houses in Cottonwood, TX!
Contact OutFactors today to request the highest cash offer on house. It is super easy, just answer 4 simple questions!
If you want to “sell my house fast for cash,” we are your Cottonwood, Texas cash home buyers. We pay cash for houses which means you can avoid:
- Real estate commissions
- Open houses or showings
- Lender loan approval
We make the home-selling process incredibly easy. We take away the hassle, and you end up with the same amount of cash.
We are the cash home buyer Cottonwood residents can trust!
GET YOUR CASH OFFER TODAY
All you need to do is answer 4 simple questions or for an immediate offer call us at (800) 420-7030